What We Do
Building and maintaining a bridge can be a complex undertaking requiring knowledge and expertise.
- Co-ordinate the design input through communication with the client at all stages.
- Liaise with and obtain statutory approvals from the relevant Authorities and Agencies. (where applicable)
- Ensure that the Design Team fulfil their obligations as required by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Carry out risk analysis of the design as it progresses.
- Issue details of design risks to our client.
We employ Scaffolders, Riggers, Platers, Welders, Bricklayers and General Operatives to carry out the following tasks:-
- Structural steel replacement
- Removal of rail timber decks and replacement with new steel decks
- Waterproof decking
- Erection of suspended scaffolding and purpose made suspension platforms
- Installation of artificial stone
- Installation of tie bars & anchors
- Shot blasting & painting
- Masonry block renewal
- Grouting voids and fissures using foamed concrete
- Bat Surveys
- Masonry re-pointing
- Jacking of Bridge decks and installation of Bearings
JVT Construction can carry out extensive repairs and maintenance to a wide range of bridges including Steel and concrete or timber highway bridges.
Repair and maintenance activities include rivet replacement, web stiffener strengthening, top and bottom flange strengthening, installation of splice plates, resin bonding steel plates, installation of bridge bearings, jacking of bridges, shotblasting and painting steel bridges.
Collaborative working is a key feature of our process to project success. We work best when we are involved early with our clients, so we can support them offering an affordable, quality and compliant design solution.
JVT Construction has the unique ability to construct various types of new bridges including cast-in-place, post-tensioned concrete box girders; pre-cast, pre-tensioned concrete girders and slabs; and structural steel girders and trusses carrying vehicular, pedestrian, equestrian, and recreational traffic. In addition, JVT Construction Construction constructs retaining walls, box culverts and other large concrete structures for a range of private customers
JVT Construction Benefits
Over 30 Years Experience
Health and Safety Certified
Sectors We Operate In
What Our Customers Say
Ruth Morgan, Ansa Environmental Services
Just wanted to say what a great job you and your team have done on the Teggs Nose reservoir wall. I really like it. The reinstatement of the ground afterwards was great too. You wouldn’t know you were ever there.